Our little ones are experts at playing, running and having lots of fun. Their curiosity and desire knows no bounds when it comes to exploring and discovering the world around them. However, their mischief is also synonymous with stains and the occasional tumble on the floor. That's why today we bring you a series of tips on how to clean leather sandals.
By following these simple steps you will make your shoes look as good as the first day. Take note of each of our recommendations so that your little ones have the feeling and excitement of always wearing brand new shoes. In this way, you will make every step they take part in a new journey.
CHARACTERISTICS OF LEATHER SANDALS
Before starting, it is important to know the properties of the product in order to clean them correctly. In this case, you should know that leather sandals are characterized for being elastic and flexible shoes thanks to their natural material. It also provides great resistance and durability.
This type of shoe has a high level of breathability. A fact that undoubtedly makes it the footwear par excellence for summer. In addition, it is an extremely comfortable and light piece for our little ones.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED TO USE
Once we have all the details clear, it's time to prepare the necessary products to clean the leather sandals. You can easily find them in any supermarket, so you just need to include the following items in your final list:
- A soft brush
- Large basin or bucket of lukewarm water
- Neutral soap
- Paper towels or absorbent cloths
- Moisturising cream (optional)
We recommend that you also involve your children in this activity, as it is a perfect way to spend time together. In addition, they can learn the value and importance of collaborating in everyday tasks.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO CLEAN LEATHER SANDALS
Trust the process and the result will surprise you. Follow these simple guidelines to keep leather sandals clean and intact. You will notice that thanks to these simple tricks, your children's shoes will stay in good condition for much longer:
- First of all, you should remove the surface dust from the shoe. You can use a cloth or a brush to do so. This way, you will prevent the excess dirt from mixing with the rest of the products when you wash them.
- Once you have done the previous step, add the neutral soap to the basin of warm water to make the mixture. Then dip a cloth into the bowl and try to wring it out.
- It is important that the detergent you use is not perfumed as it can damage your shoes. Similarly, avoid using chemical products that can damage the leather.
- With the damp chamois, gently clean the insole of the sandal. Pay special attention to those areas that are darker and let the composition work.
- Then dry the shoes with paper towels or absorbent cloths and leave them in the open air. The next day they will be ready and as good as new.
TIPS FOR A PERFECT FINISH ON YOUR LEATHER SANDALS
Finally, we bring you one last infallible secret. To make your little ones' leather sandals even more resistant to their mischief, we have a couple of extra tips to make a difference:
- Moisturising: Enhance softness with a specific moisturising product for footwear. You will keep the leather shiny and with an incredible touch.
- Brushing: For a perfect finish, brush your sandals carefully. It may seem like a simple tip but you'll notice the difference instantly.
- Storage: The way you store your leather sandals will also influence their condition. Make sure that the box or the space where they are stored is in good condition. That is to say, clean, dust-free and free of natural light.
Undoubtedly, cleaning leather sandals at home is an investment when it comes to extending the useful life of your children's shoes for a longer period of time. To do this, just follow each of the guidelines and suggestions described and you will ensure that their shoes always have a perfect finish.It's time for the little ones in the house. Let them enjoy playing and exploring and forget the headaches of getting dirty. Just keep this magical guide as a secret under lock and key and use it whenever you need it.